Friday, July 8, 2016

Paris - Day whatever - The Louvre

Dear Readers,

The Louvre has kicked my ass. I'm tired. I've seen so much art and stuff that I can't even keep it straight in my mind. I didn't see even a fraction of the things I planned on seeing because the Louvre is a huge labyrinth full of interesting things that distracts you and leads you down corridors to other rooms to other corridors, up and down stairs, through this room and that room, and then you are exhausted and crabby and you still haven't got to see a Goya or a Vermeer and you just give up and wander around and then you see this and you had expressly planned on NOT seeing this because you knew it would be a disappointment:
 Yep. That's her, the Mona Lisa, or "La Jaconde" as it's called at the Louvre. We did not stand in line, it was a ridiculous line, we just took a picture in passing. We looked at lots of other fabulous art, pictures, statues, old stuff from Egypt and Africa. Here is some of it in no particular order:

































This was just one tiny part of the Louvre.

 Our view at lunch time. Nice little terrace where you could see the glass pyramid at the center of the museum. There is a whole underground shopping mall underneath that plaza, by the way.
 This crow was very interested in my lunch. I threw a piece of bread to him and he decided to stick around for awhile.








 That's the crazy line to see the Mona Lisa. That's her on the back wall. Behind bullet proof glass.



 This is one of my favorites, representing the four seasons. These are about 400 years old.









 The Louvre is huge. Huge!
 Remodeling ideas.
Lucky guy, he gets to sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 22, 2022 - Day 53 - Stockholm, Sweden

  Today was probably the best day of our whole trip. Maria owns a tiny cottage in the heart of the city and we went there for the day. She b...